Wednesday 14 April 2010

Market talk




One thing I hope we have time for is to visit the local markets when I'm in Arusha, my base town in Tanzania.  Apart from the fruit and veg market, I'd like to see the one run by the Masai too!  I eat a lot of West African food at home like plantain, okra, yam, fufu, dodo etc and I'd like to see what the east has to offer.

Well, I've had a busy day contacting local newspapers etc and hope to hear back this week for a photo shoot.  Diabetes UK kindly sent me a free T-shirt for the shot - thanks, Hannah!  I also had a good chat with my son's diabetic team at the hospital.  They're super keen to help out!  I'll e-mail them with some ideas.

The WorldPay aspect of the donation site STILL isn't accepting overseas payments - grrr!  I have loads of overseas family and contacts.  That's a biggie for Hannah to sort out!  Why call yourself WorldPay if you really mean UK pay.  Aaaargh!

On the kit front, spotted some reduced price Merino gloves/mit liners in Alnwick.  I might get them at the weekend.

Off to bed to read a couple of old guidebooks I've found on Kili and Tanzania!  Don't forget to comment, or donate!  :o)



1 comment:

  1. I like the blogging. Kilimanjaro have the right company to help guide your trip.

    Lemosho route

    ReplyDelete