Tuesday 4 May 2010

Photo famous!

Well, today was photoshoot day at the health club!  A local newspaper, the News Post Leader, sent a bloke to do some shots with myself and the owner of Oasis Health Club, Kevin, and my youngest, Kris, the one who has Type 1 diabetes. Well, you should've seen what contorted positions the photographer made us get into!  All three of us were grouped over one of the walking machines, me pretending to step out; Kevin looking as if he was marking my progress and Kris offering up some Lucozade drink, not that the machine was switched on! LOL!  Once the prints appear in the paper, I'll try to scan them in so you can give your opinions.

Apologies for not posting an update recently.  Work has been very busy of late.  As you can see from the donations website, money has dried up for now, mostly because I've not been devoting any time to the cause.  More fool me!  Well, my plan is to spend quite a bit of time now on writing letters etc, as well as following up some phone contacts I've made in the world of nursing and medicine.  This coming week I'm abroad in the Czech Republic at a family event where I'll, hopefully, be able to devote some time to mapping out some plans and creating letters and posters etc.

One thing that has inspired me recently is to hear about a pupil from one of my wife's old school's sister schools in Lagos who has set a new world record for climbing Kili as the youngest female, at age 10 years 26 days!  Here's the link to the story:


So, here's looking forward to stepping off the plane from Eastern Europe and into the gym. Thirteen months and counting to get myself in shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment