Sunday 16 May 2010

My new best friend!

Well, for those not in the know, this is a cross trainer as found in gyms and health clubs.  Today I went for a bit of an orienteering session at Oasis Health Club in Ashington who are supporting me in my charity climb.  By that I mean that I went along with my wife, Rexie, and Kris to try out a few pieces of equipment.  I found the cycling machines quite easy on my legs, so too the static walkers.  But, the cross trainers were hard on my poor old, underused muscles.  My thighs aren't exactly killing me, but they felt the strain of a couple of decades of under use.  Even so,  it was worthwhile to get a feel for the place and I'll be looking to go there maybe about three times a week, mostly after work. 

Having had a wonderful trip abroad to visit family this past week, I've decided I must draw a line in the sand and really get down to some serious fundraising.  At work I'll be approaching my surgery to put up some posters in the waiting rooms as well as contacting the diabetes nurses at the local hospital in Durham.  Nearer home, the article I was interviewed for appeared in the press:

http://www.newspostleader.co.uk/latest/Nurse-to-climb-Kilimanjaro-for.6272662.jp

I like the photo as it shows off the Diabetes UK logo and I'm glad that Kevin, the health club owner, got in on the action.

So, you can rest assured that I'll be both burning up a few unwanted calories as well as toning up my muscles.  Don't forget to donate if you're able!

No comments:

Post a Comment