Wednesday 31 March 2010

The gym, the teacher and the supermarket


Loads of good news today! Yay!  One of my local gyms has agreed to train me for the trek in exchange for publicity.  I need to go off and round up the local press and then we can agree on the angle we're gonna take.

Also, I've e-mailed a local teacher who did the same Kili route last year.  Hopefully we'll be able to have a chat over a pint so that I can get firsthand knowledge of the climb and also learn about his fundraising exploits.

As well as these moves forward, I got the details of the Events Co-ordinator at my local giant supermarket.  Hopefully, I'll be able to do a sponsored bag pack etc.

And there's more, I also got a nursing friend, whose partner is diabetic, to agree to see if he'll do a sponsored gig for me!  He's the leader of a blues band and plays the harmonica.  That should rake a few quid in!

And finally, some more money came rolling in!  Thanks, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment